Friday, April 18, 2014

Artist's Special cocktail



My husband and I realized today that we haven't had a drop of alcohol all week. He lost 5 pounds, but can't say the same for me.

After spending some time with close friends that are wildly into cleanses and homemade smoothies, I was intrigued and motivated to try a cleanse. I selected Dr. Oz's 48 hour cleanse. My honey did it about 80%, but I completed the cleanse at about 95% (meaning we had some deviations). I ended up with a rash from my neck through my torso. Suffice it to say, all this healthy stuff left us longing for the perfect cocktail on an early spring evening.

This cocktail, which is bourbon-based (oh, so hip right now), has a crisp, light taste - perfect for spring! Had to go and get sherry for my cabinet to make it, but worth the trip out at cocktail hour when all one wants to do is vege.

See the Cocktail Internet Database for this recipe and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment