Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Prohibition Cocktail - In honor of the GRPM exhibit

Tomorrow, my hubby and I are attending a "Bootlegger's Ball" at the Grand Rapids Public Museum, so I thought it appropo that tonight's cocktail should be from the prohibition era. Currently, the GRPM has a prohibition exhibit, which we will be able to view as part of our evening. It is also 1920s dress, so I'm psyched as someone who loves to dress up, was a history teacher, and always had a fascination with the 20s.

Anyhow, tonight, it is the Tuxedo #2 or so it is called. A stiff gin martini drink, dressed up with Luxardo Maraschino liquer and orange bitters. I added a Luxardo maraschino cherry as well. Absolutely divine. 
Here it is in all it's glory, half drunk of course. Don't you just adore how that Luxardo cherry oozes at the bottom of my coupe?

Recipe:
2 oz gin (I prefer Bombay Sapphire or the more herbal tasting gins)
1/4 oz Luxardo Maraschino liquer
1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
2 dashes Orange bitters
Absinthe rinse

No comments:

Post a Comment